If you’re looking for an impressive dessert, this Candy Bar Cheesecake is a must-try! Its creamy, chocolate cheesecake filling is made with leftover Halloween candy. It’s easy to make, too! The cheesecake needs about thirty minutes to bake. Then, it should be chilled overnight for best results. You can garnish it with whipped topping to serve it with extra candy bars. Besides being delicious, this dessert is also easy to make.
This is just awesome. First I made simple vanilla cheesecake with a flaky chocolate crust. Who does that? I do. I used my favorite pie dough recipe except used a quarter cup cocoa powder in the recipe. It produced a rich chocolatey flaky crust that I plan on using more often. Then I made cheesecake , the same cheesecake recipe I used in that berry cheesecake pie. And then that was it, I felt guilty all ready. I figured I would top with sprinkles. I showed my sweetie. And then he said….
“‘I want more chocolate… and it doesn’t look sweet enough.”
Hold on a second. More chocolate? It doesn’t look sweet enough? He was asking for it. I pulled out the candy bar stash, which included Rolos, M&Ms, a Crunch Bar, a Hersheys Bar, and a pack of Reeces.
(I am in no way ashamed at the amount of candy I have on hand on a daily basis.)
The boring cheesecake above.
The eye catching, man loving, decadent, calorie filled, chocolate, candy bar cheesecake below.
Candy Bar Cheesecake
- Chocolate Pie Dough recipe below
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- Chocolate Candy and Candy Bars chopped up
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Press pie dough into a 9 inch pie pan. Press dough up the side of the pie pan, and use your finger to press indentions to create a border. Place unbaked pie crust in the fridge.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until creamy and fluffy. Add vanilla. With mixer (or hand mixer) on low speed, add eggs one at a time fully incorporating before adding the second egg.
- Remove crust from the fridge and pour cheesecake batter into crust. Bake for 25- 30 minutes until firm and set in the center, and the crust is lightly tanned. Let cheesecake pie cool completely.
- After pie is almost cooled all the way, top with the chocolate candy. Best enjoyed that day at room temperature. If you place in the fridge let sit at room temperature around 30 minutes before enjoying.
Chocolate Pie Dough
- yield: 2 single crusted pies
1/3 cup Milk
2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Salt
1. Measure the milk and vegetable and combine.
2. In a large bowl add the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and mix with a large wooden spoon until you can form into a ball with your hands.
3. Use this pie dough for any sweet pie. Simply press in the pie pan rather than having to roll and crimp the edges with your thumb and forefinger.
What are your favorite chocolate candy and candy bars? I love me a plain ol’ Hershey’s bar any day. However I threw the candy on my pie a bit too quickly as it was still cooling and it melted ever so slightly. Have you ever had a slightly melted Rolo on a cheesecake pie with a flaky chocolate crust?
You aren’t living until you have.
Tips and Tricks
Make this simple, no-bake dessert with chocolate chips by using a pan lined with parchment paper. Place the brownies in the pan and spread the batter over them. Bake at 300 degrees until golden around the edges. Let the cheesecake cool on a rack or the counter before slicing. While the cheesecake is cooling, combine the chocolate chips with the heavy whipping cream. Beat on medium speed with a hand mixer until the mixture is fluffy and free of lumps. Add the sugar and mix well. Divide the batter between the two colors and drizzle the melted chocolate on top of each serving. Chopped candy bars may be added as garnish.
To make the topping, you will need to cut up candy bars into small pieces. Then, sprinkle the candy bars on top of the cheesecake. If desired, sprinkle with extra chocolate syrup before serving. Then, chill for at least an hour or overnight. Once chilled, garnish with chopped candy bars. It’s now ready to serve! You can enjoy the delicious flavors of the dessert any time you want. The Cream Cheese Candy Pie is easy to make and tastes delicious. You can make it in advance and store it in the fridge.
The first step is to prepare the topping. Using a small microwaveable bowl, heat the sugar and cream cheese in the microwave for about 20 to 40 seconds. Stir until the mixture is smooth. Once the topping is cool, top it with chopped candy bars and drizzle with chocolate syrup. This Candy Bar Cheesecake recipe is very easy to prepare and will surely satisfy your sweet tooth! And don’t forget to serve it chilled! You can make it anytime, any time!
The next step is to prepare the topping. In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter candy bars over low heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of whipping cream until smooth and thick. Cover the pan with a wire rack and refrigerate overnight. Then, you can slice and serve the cheesecake. The Chocolate Candy Bar Cheesecake is an irresistible dessert for any occasion! Once the topping has cooled, you can top it with chopped candy bars. If you want to serve it the next day, add additional chocolate syrup to it.
The base of this cake is a thick Oreo crust. It’s filled with a creamy chocolate cheesecake filling. All the candy bars are coated with a semi-sweet chocolate ganache. This dish is insanely tasty and is incredibly easy to make. All of the ingredients are easily available and cheap. You can also use leftover Halloween candy as a garnish. It’s a good idea to freeze some of your leftovers.