If you are looking for a unique way to serve chicken, try Jalapeno Cream Cheese stuffed Bacon wrapped Chicken . These savory sandwiches are filled with jalapenos and topped with cream cheese. They are delicious and make the perfect appetizer or side dish for a crowd. For this recipe, you’ll need to bake the chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 3 more minutes to crisp up the bacon and bottom.
It’s quite the title, it’s quite the dish.
The idea for this meal just sort of came to me. Kyle had a few pals over and they were… what else? Playing Xbox. I had plenty of jalapeños in the fridge that needed to be used and decided to make a batch of my stuffed jalapeño peppers. Instead of adding bacon to the cream cheese though I wrapped the jalapeños in bacon. I can do that when making food for boys because boys love bacon.
I saw chicken in my fridge and looked back at the ingredients that were already on my counter. The cream cheese, the bacon, the jalapeños… the wheels were turning.
I decided to take the idea of bacon wrapping, and the idea of cream cheese stuffing to a new level by adding juicy chicken breast and making a meal out of it. A great meal at that. The bacon is crispy, the chicken is juicy, and the jalapeño infused cream cheese acts like a warm sauce to the meal. I need some work on the title though. It’s super long. Any suggestions?
Jalapeno Cream Cheese stuffed Bacon wrapped Chicken
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and small diced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 boneless Chicken Breast halves
- 4 slices Center Cut Bacon
- Salt Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapeños, sugar and salt. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile pound chicken breast halves. Loosely wrap in plastic wrap and beat with a meat pounder of the bottom of a saute pan (my favorite method).
- Salt and pepper both side of breast and stuff the middle of one breast with half the cream cheese mixture. Wrap breast around mixture as best as you can. Next wrap in two slices of bacon and pin with toothpicks to deal the edges. Use toothpicks horizontally so you can grill the flat side of the breast evenly (which will be your presentation side).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a sauté pan with vegetable oil. Once oil is sizzling hot place the bacon wrapped breast flat side down and sear for at least 5 minutes. Flip chicken and sear on other side a few minutes. Remove the toothpicks. Put in the oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Serve warm out of the oven with any side dish, I made a simple side salad.
I know you wanted to see what it looked like once you cut in. Well look! Hot dang it was good.
This was such a great meal. The flavors were all so familiar, yet presented in a way I have never had. I decided to keep in light and made a simple side salad to go with my meal. And if you don’t like jalapeños then don’t add them. You could add some lemon juice, maybe some cheese, or stuffed your chicken with asparagus! By the way, I like stuffing things. Can you tell?
- Method to make Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
First, prepare the filling for the chicken breasts. Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and diced jalapenos. Spread the mixture inside the cavity of each breast. Wrap the chicken with bacon. Drizzle with sour or lime juice to cool the filling. Bake the stuffed chicken for about 20 to 30 minutes. When ready to serve, slice the bacon into strips and bake it in the oven.
To prepare the chicken for stuffing, cut the breasts into long, thin strips. Once you’ve done that, you’ll want to make a filling for the chicken. You can use cream cheese or cheddar cheese, and diced jalapenos. You can also use sausage or shredded cheese. After filling the chicken with the filling, you’ll want to drizzle it with sour cream and lime juice.
To assemble the chicken, cut the bacon into thin strips and sprinkle with garlic powder. Using tongs, insert the chicken strips into the jalapeno peppers. Then, fill the peppers with the cream cheese and shredded cheese. Once the chicken is cooked, the bacon and cream cheese will melt and make the chicken rollups delicious. And they are healthy, too!
For a low-carb version, substitute chicken thighs with boneless breasts. If you’re looking for a spicy dish, add jalapeno seeds to the cream cheese. To make the bacon more flavorful, add shredded cheese and spices. If you don’t like jalapenos, you can substitute poblano peppers. Adding sour and hot sauce to the chicken is optional.
Once the chicken breasts are cooked, you can add the cream cheese mixture to the chicken. The cream cheese mixture should be placed in the center of the chicken breasts. If you want a spicier dish, you can also add jalapeno seeds or poblano peppers. Finally, wrap the chicken in bacon and bake it for 25 minutes. Once the chicken is baked, it will be a delicious meal.
Then, roll up the chicken in the bacon. The bacon wraps the jalapenos and adds salty and creamy flavor. The chicken will be a hit with your guests. If you want to make a delicious meal for your guests, try this Jalapeno Cream Cheese stuffed Bacoon wrapped chicken. Once you have the recipe, try it! You’ll be glad you did!
To prepare Jalapeno Cream Cheese stuffed Bacoon wrapped chicken, you need to slice the jalapenos. After cutting them, place them on a baking sheet. After that, put them on the bacon and grill them until the cheese melts. When the chicken is grilled, add the white cheddar. Then enjoy your delicious stuffed chicken! You’ll be glad you did!