The Moroccan Serpent Cake is one of the most popular desserts in Morocco. This delicious treat is easy to make and has a rich and exotic taste. This sweet and spicy dessert is best served with a cup of mint tea or a mug of sweet mint tea. While the name “snake” may not sound appetizing, it is actually the word for snake, m’hanncha.
Moroccan Serpent Cake
- 8 sheets of Filo Pastry
- 4 TBS Butter melted
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
For the almond paste
- 4 TBS Butter melted
- 2 cups Ground Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Almond Essence or extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk beaten
- 1 TBS Rose Water optional
- First make the almond paste. Blend the melted butter with the ground almonds and almond essence. Add the sugar, egg yolk, and rose water if using, mix well and knead until soft and pliable. Chill for about 10 minutes.
- Bread the almond paste into 10 even-sized balls and roll them into 4in ‘sausages’. Chill again.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place two sheets of filo pastry on the work surface so that they overlap to form a 7 x 22 inch rectangle. Brush the overlapping pastry to secure and then brush all over with the butter. Cover with another two sheets of filo and brush again with the butter.
- Place five ‘sausages’ of almond paste along the lower edge of the filo sheet and roll the pastry tightly, tucking in the ends. Shape the roll into a loose coil. Repeat with the remaining filo and almond paste, so that you have two coils.
- Brush a large baking sheet with butter and place the coils together to make a ‘snake’.
- Beat the egg and half of the cinnamon. Brush over the pastry snake and then bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Carefully invert the snake onto another baking sheet and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes until golden.
Read more : Moroccan Coconut Tea Cakes
Tips and Tricks
Made from a rolled phyllo dough shaped like a snake, the Moroccan Serpent Cake is a new variety of cake to try. With very few ingredients, this traditional dessert is easy to prepare and delicious. Lauren will share her secrets to make this delectable treat. This is a must-try for anyone who loves this traditional sweet. It’s an ideal dessert to share with family and friends.
A tasty treat, Moroccan Serpent Cake is made of filo pastry wrapped in an almond paste and baked to resemble a serpent. This pastry is delicious and looks beautiful on a handmade ceramic plate. This traditional Moroccan dessert is a unique way to celebrate any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, a birthday party, or a wedding reception, Moroccan snake cake is a must-try!
The most famous Moroccan serpent cake is a crescent-shaped pastry filled with almond paste and served with a Casablanca cocktail. The exotic and delightful flavors of this Moroccan treat make it an ideal dessert for a Moroccan wedding or a special occasion. Unlike other types of cakes, Moroccan Serpent Cake is not overly sweet and has a distinctly southwestern flavor. While Moroccan snake cake is delicious and has a rich, decadent flavor, it is also healthy and high in antioxidants.
This Moroccan dessert is a delicious delight! It is a tasty treat that is perfect for any celebration! It is also a perfect dessert for an elegant evening! The delicate flavor of Moroccan snake cake will be a wonderful addition to any party. In fact, it is a popular dessert in every Moroccan city. You can find it at any Moroccan restaurant or café. If you’re hosting a party, this sweet dessert is a must-have on your table.
- How to make Moroccan couscous
Moroccan Serpent Cake is a beautiful dessert to enjoy with tea. This dessert is made of rolled phyllo pastry and is served with a Casablanca cocktail. It is best enjoyed when served with a glass of mint tea. In fact, you can serve this dessert with your Moroccan mint tea in a copper tea kettle with tiny decorated glasses. If you want to make it at home, the best way is to prepare the dough and refrigerate it overnight.
This sweet treat is a classic in Morocco. Its flavor is both citrus and floral. It is also served with a Casablanca cocktail. It’s best served warm, and served with a cup of mint tea or a Moroccan mint tea. There are no other desserts quite like this in the world! If you want to experience a true Moroccan delight, try the Moroccan Serpent Cake! It will leave you feeling enchanted with the rich and savory pastry.
A great way to celebrate a birthday or other special occasion is with a Moroccan Serpent Cake. Its crescent-shaped pastry is made from almond paste and filo dough. Its colorful appearance and flavor will impress your guests. Its distinctive crescent shape makes this delicious dessert a popular choice for tea parties. A Moroccan serpent cake is a must-try on your table! You will be pleasantly surprised by the delicious taste and the beautiful colors of this desert!
A delicious traditional Moroccan dessert is the M’hanncha Cake. It is made of filo pastry and is scented with orange blossom water and cardamom. Its shape is reminiscent of a snake. The Moroccan Serpent Cake can be served hot or cold. If you are traveling to Morocco, make sure to prepare the M’hanncha in advance and brush it with egg wash before serving. This dish is an excellent example of the art of combining different cultures and traditions.